- Denne begivenhed er allerede afholdt.
Jubilæumskonference: The World Anno 2021
29. oktober 2021 kl. 10.00 - 17.00 CEST
In celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Danish Foreign Policy Society we are holding a conference with speakers from our sister organizations and other foreign policy organizations in Europe and the US in cooperation with the UNDP. A conference on the world in 2021 post corona, post Trump and BREXIT and 30 years after the dissolution of the USSR – an event that still creates political disruption.
The international organizations, the international system, and the rule and values-based world order in which Denmark is deeply rooted, have survived in spite of historical earthquakes and changes. But it is not a given. We are seeing these days in particular that democracy is on the decline worldwide. Instead, hybrid regimes or purely authoritarian states emerge. We see a world on speed in the form of technological development, new ways of information and communication, regions being lifted out of poverty, new powers emerging while others are in decline, and at the same time our interconnectedness, which we most recently experienced with a pandemic, did not leave a single country untouched.
The main thinking behind the conference is that in a liberal democracy, the future is not deterministic. We believe that we ourselves can help create the future and act on the challenges that face us. Therefore, knowledge of foreign policy and internationalrelations and global trends is crucial for our ability to understand how to deal with change and how to shape the future.
We hope you enjoy our celebratory conference and that it will stay with you in discussions on foreign relations going forward!
- Mette Frederiksen, Danish Prime Minister
- Dr. Robin Niblett, Director and CEO of Chatham House (the Royal Institute of International Affairs)
- Uffe Ellemann-Jensen, Former Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Kristi Raik, Director of Estonian Foreign Policy Institute
- Andrey Kortunov, General Director of the Russian International Affairs Council (online from Moscow)
- Heather Conley, Senior Vice President for Europe, Eurasia, and the Arctic and Director, Europe, Russia, and Eurasia Program, CSIS. Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, US Department of State (online)
- Lars G. Lose, Permanent Secretary of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Denmark
- George Gray Molina, Head of Strategic Engagement and Chief Economist at UNDP Bureau for Policy and Programme Support
- Jana Puglerin, ECFR Head, ECFR Berlin Senior Policy Fellow
- Dr. Richard Haass, President, Council on Foreign Relations
- Ulrik Federspiel, Chair of the Danish Foreign Policy Society
- Boris Ruge, Ambassador and Vice-Chairman, München Security Conference
- Jan Eliasson, Chair of the Governing Board, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), Former Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Roderick Parkes, Director of Research, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik, Head, Alfred von Oppenheim Center for European Policy Studies
- Bruno Tertrais, Deputy Director of the Fondation pour la Recherche Stratégique
Moderation by Michael Jarlner, International Editor, Politiken
Please note: The event is free of charge for members of the Danish Foreign Policy Society, however we will charge a no-show fee of DKK 100 to registrants who don’t attend. There will be food and beverages provided throughout the day and we need to know the exact number of attendees. Therefore it will not be possible to cancel your participation after 24 October.
TILMELDING: Medlemmer har som altid gratis adgang. For ikke-medlemmer koster en billet 100 kr. Husk: Du kan nu melde dig ind for 200 kr. for resten af året. Hvis du er under 35 år, koster medlemskab kun 50 kr. resten af året. Bliv medlem her.
Registration for this event has closed.